Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Letter to God

Dear God,

I know you must be busy in your life. But I'm sure you have some time to read a small letter from a young girl...me!...
Why must I go through so much pain in life? Why can't all this pain be postponed for next birth of mine? Why can I not have at least some happiness for some time, if not quite often? Why must I suffer physical pain, and shed tears for the emotional pain that I go through? Why can I not bear the pain? Why can I not accept reality as it is and understand that life goes on? Why must I keep igniting hope every so often? Why can I not just press a 'DELETE' button for some obsolete memories and dreams?...Why?....Why?...and Why?

***SIGH*** Well, those are my rants.

On a happier note, I'm at home. Enjoying the home cooked food. Just didn't enjoy today, as I was fasting. No salt....Why on this day the devotee's not allowed to eat salt, whereas on other fasting days one can intake salt?...So unfair it is, God. Ah-ha! I see now, you're just a little upset because I didn't invite you to eat Samosa-chola on Saturday, or Dosa on Valentine's day this Sunday, right?...okies, I'm sorry! :) next time I will not commit this silly mistake....I promise! Pinky swear! By the way, thank you for everything else that I have not ranted about above in the previous paragraph :)

I have filed an application of a request-form for you to postpone my mid-term this Monday until next week. I would highly appreciate it if the application would get expedited :)

That's all for now...I will file some more complaints later. Right now, I'm too sleepy after eating sevai made by mom :) yum!!!!

Rest is fine. Hope ALL IZZ WELL with you! :) Lots and lots (times infinity) of love to you!

Sincerely, truly and lovingly yours,

Neha Misra

P.S. Sorry for any spelling and/or grammatical errors.

11 comments:

Anunoy Samanta said...

God : Ok Neha beTi... i understand ur agony, but really busy nw 2 tk ne action, wil get bk 2 u as current priorities get over
:-P

Unknown said...

your midterms are gonna get postponed.lol. I hope so. good one

Neha said...

@ littleWriter
lol..thank you! but an expedite would be highly appreciated u know :)

@ raman
hehehee....thanks! :)
and in any case, i should study, hai na? :)

Unknown said...

don;t worry sab sahi ho jaye ga ,,,

all is well............

King said...

life is combo of blck + white phases
enjoy both
if u never c black phases u cant enjoy white ones

Neha said...

@ vibhu
thank you! hope so :)

@ syed
exactly...
if u don't know how prickly the thorns r, u can never know how beautiful and soft the rose itself is :)

Blogger said...

Neha ..thats really a very sweeeet letter !!! Well dont worry God definitely has come really good plans for you ..If you could delete bad experiences , there might be chances that you may repeat them ! So God wnats you to learn from mistakes dear :) N hey dont worry about your mid term , the sooner it ends , the more time you can enjoy later :)

Unknown said...

wonder what would happen if God really took care of our complaints..!!
btw Neha..did it feel ny better to write this kinda thing ? I'll try myself..one fine day :/

Sasikumar said...

Hi neha: good to see that there's one more person other than me, who's in talking terms with god... even I wrote to god a few months back!
do check out my letter...

http://sasikumarv.blogspot.com/2010/01/are-you-there-god-its-me.html

Neha said...

@ Blogger
thanks :) hopefully, i will be prepared enough to get good score on the mid-term

@ Rashi
no, it doesn't!...i can tell u that much! it's better to talk to him rather than writing a letter...its very slow u know (snail mail)...i'll think about emailing next time :P

@ Sasikumar
yea, i do quite often communicate, just not in writing :)
and surely i will check out ur blog :)

Napster said...

reading yur this post i can say u r crazy enough ...kya kya soch soch rha hai tumne...Actually main aisa isliye bol rha hoon kyu ki i don't know whether i believe in god or not...bu tlast morethan yers se main temple gya hi nahi