Monday, October 20, 2008

A 'disease' called "ADDICTION TO THE INTERNET"

Just the other day when I was supposed to be studying for my Finance mid-term, which will take place on Wednesday, as usual I came online, checked orkut, facebook and then was just bored! To kill the boredom, i started 'surfing' the Internet again(Orkut, Youtube, Facecbook, Yahoo! Games, along with Hi5, Myspace, etc.) Why was I bored when I should've been studying for one of the 'toughest' mid-terms?
The answer: I'M ADDICTED TO THE INTERNET!

Yea, I know I'm addicted to the Internet. I've tried controlling it, but ever since I've got my laptop(around 15 months ago), I haven't been able to control it. In fact, it just got worse! Dad had been warning me of this, but I was too busy in the 'busy'ness of the Internet to notice his predictions!
ALAS! I wish there was a cure for this 'disease' called "ADDICTION TO THE INTERNET"

I'm pretty sure there are many out there who are diagnosed with this 'disease'. Now, there's no need to go to a doctor and waste money to get a checkup whether you have this 'disease' or not. One can easily figure this out by himself/herself or be told by others, like parents, siblings or friends.


Yes, there are many articles on the Internet about Internet addiction, even Wikipedia (duh!) has a page on, the so-called "ADDICTION TO THE INTERNET" 'disease'. From my perspective, Wiki has classified it in a 'general' category, and there's a specific name, called, "Internet Addiction Disorder", in short: IAD. Do take a look if you wish to read and have nothing else to do! :-)


In spite of all the articles and blogs about the Internet addiction problem/disorder, or as I call it "Disease"(hahaha!), there seems to be no cure. There might be some 'Tips', 'Preventions', or even so-called 'Treatment', but do all these really help? I've read one article about controlling the Internet, didn't help me at all, therefore, I stopped reading any articles related to 'Tips to control Internet addiction." Here's my remark for these related articles: BULLSH*T! (BS! for short)


So, as we cope with the so called "IAD", as I would say, "A 'disease' called 'ADDICTION TO THE INTERNET,'" I would like to take some time to welcome the newcomers in this category, "WELCOME", and If you are already in it, please slap yourselves and get back to work, i.e. being addicted!!!!
===============================================
Blogger's Last Remarks/P.S.
  • My 1st REAL post in blog after around 9 months (hahahhahaa....9 months! :P lol! )
  • Also take some time to read the 'Useless Knowledge' section. It's useless, as the title suggests, but also interseting to read!
  • I don't like studying for FIN300 mid-term, which I have on Wedneday! :(
  • Neha's also addicted to water! no cure for that as well! hahahaha! :P lol....DRINK AS MUCH WATER AS YOU CAN! IT'S THE BEST DRINK EVER, AND MY FAV! :)


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neha, you are my hero!! Love the blog, thanks to you I have diagnosed myself....ahh the terror!!

Neha said...

thanx astrid! i love being ur hero, or heorine! ;) lol!
keep on reading! i will one day find a cure for myself and for u too :P

Ej said...

HeHe..!! I found Maself Ol over It..
I did'nt even knew tht its a Disease.... LOlzz...
Neha Plz Find A Cure Soon...I m Dying Because Of It...
(Ps: I m Nt really Dying :p lol)
haha!! Neha U Rock Honey Nd Keep Rockin... ;)

sabia said...

hey neha...u take the first step to cure wen u admit havin d IAD :) if its really serious then do get over it soon.... :) luv u baby ..

Neha said...

thanx sabbu! :)
yea i've been 'trying' to control it! so let's see how it goes :(
i stil haven't figured out a cure yet :P except for one ultimate solution: THROW MY LAPTOP OUT OF THE WINDOW! :p
lol...

Ashish Gourav said...

I'm also an internet addict from 6 months or so......same reason I got a laptop frm my father so kindaa cannot leave it and Internet is free at IIT so I surf the net 24*7..and it will take more 2 and half years to get rid of this addiction......till then I'll be a regular reader and commentator of ur blog so keep blogging..I expect it frm u also...so cheap of me.but I can't help my publicizing behaviour of my blog

Neha said...

@ ashish
IIT? oh wow! Another IITian...lol...
and publicizing is good and will pay off, don't worry ;)
oh and yea, internet is such an addiction that no matter how hard u try to mitigate, it just won't happen (alas)...i've tried shutting down the laptop(it's always in sleep mode...lol) and putting it in the laptop bag and throwing the bag in the closet, but it just doesn't help :( i keep going back to my closet to grab the laptop bag....arghhh!...the horror of internet, but it's all good!...hopefully we will recover from this addiction someday! :)
thanx for the comments! really appreciate it!
and yes, KEEP ON READING! :P

Anonymous said...

well once you get bugged by this disease its lifetime and if its free and 24*7 you just spend time surfing here n dere and doing things u wont think of if you dont have connection.

sometimes it is put to good use or n sometimes just wastage of time roaming around here n there in orkut communities as if they r second home,learning more bout hacking n related stuff (thats the nerdy part, lolzzzzz).

Anonymous said...

coool post!!!! liked it!!!! really i have it too!! and i dont wanna cure it............ but i know i need to study right now!!!!

Neha said...

@ samik...
i think most of us are suffering from it...and u might not wanna cure urs, but i would surely like to cure mine as i get distracted alot....
but it's just a matter of controlling it when the net is available free to us (as biswajeet mentioned above...)

PD said...

First time I went through your blog and found some nice articles.. I read almost all the posts.. really good.. I came here from Pyasa Sajal's blog where you post a comment yesterday.. Thanks to him also.. :)
You are doing pure blogging, without mixing anything..(milavat ka jamana hai bhai usme asli blog.. wah. ;))

कुछ शेर अर्ज करते जाता हूं..
नेहा खड़ी इंटरनेट पर, देख कबीरा रोये..
पीछे गाना बज रहा, ओये लकी लकी ओये.. :D

PD said...

going to add you blog in my google reader..

Neha said...

@ PD
hehehehee...thank you very much for the lovely comment!!!!...
i loved ur 'sher'! thank you very much! :D

i even came to Pyasa Sajal's blog from blog surfing! lol :D
and i will try to post nice blogs like these ones. im very happy to read that u liked it!!...
keep on reading! ^_^